Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, May 31, 2007

POTD - Things I Can't Live Without

All winter long, I go through softball withdrawal! DH and I seriously are bored in the winter because we are constantly at the ball field for softball league and tournaments from May-October. Unfortunately I can't play anymore due to injuries but I still love watching DH play. Here's a few I took from his game the other night. I haven't used my 70-300mm since last September. I'm looking forward to practicing with it all summer and get used to the weight again. It's definitely not as sharp as my 85mm but you can't beat the zoom! Some day I'll get the 70-200mm f2.8 VR . . . some day ;) Just trying a little artsy photo here. I'll be looking for more of these type of shots throughout the tournaments. Love how the dust is covering him here.
Oh and did I mention the eye candy at all the games. Makes it a little easier to make the games LOL! Shhh don't tell DH!
Does this look bad? In color his face is slightly out of focus. So I thought I'd try a conversion and see if would help.
Tried another artsy type of shot, well I don't know that it's artsy but anyway. I know other teams will have all their bags hanging all lined up and I'm looking forward to shooting some of those shots.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

these are great! his face is fine in that photo...love the conversion on it! definitely post more of these-the eye candy is great! hehe

Kerrie said...

I like the feel of the first photo. I also like the all the dust visible. That is too funny about the "eye-candy".

April Ziegler said...

hehe, love the eye candy. These are great... my fav is the one w/ all the dust. Great capture!

Tera Fraley said...

Great pictures! Love the action shots, they are so clear!!

Jan said...

These are all really great shots!! And, I don't mind seeing a little eye-candy every now and then, either. Ha! Thanks for sharing it... :) My dh and I used to play softball--but that was before our kids got bigger. Right now, they are SO busy that we don't really have time for our own fun stuff...

Melissa said...

Hey Jan, luckily my DD is only involved in cheerleading in the Fall and Ice Skating from Sept-May so we there aren't too many weeks we have conflicts LOL!

Just Being Sam said...

Looks like you guys have a great time. I really love the first pic. great job

Amy said...

You did a great job w/these! I love the one with the dust! I can totally relate ~ I don't play softball anymore either, but I dearly miss it! I don't have anyone to go watch, sure wish I did!

Heather said...

These are great shots! Hey I like the eyecandy - that's how I endure football season;)

Trisha said...

I think that these pictures are great! My favorite is number 1 :O) Great Eye Candy LoL-

Sara said...

These are well done. I'm not a baseball/softball kinda girl, but I still felt the dust, the excitement of watching someone you love play. Great job!

Mom2Drew said...

In that second shot, just love all that dust you caught! These are really good shots. Oh, and the first one in BnW is a nice choice...I think that last one would be too. Way to make it look like fun!

Teri said...

Great shots, the second one is cool.