Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, May 10, 2007

POTD

I'm not so sure I care for these first two. I posted for your opinions. I cropped it so tight because I had her sitting in the chair. I wish I had her do this with the grass as the background.


Man I wish I knew how to make the sky look blue! I've tried to do it in photoshop with gradient (that's what someone told me) but it totally looks like I spray painted it, not natural looking at all. I hate the white sky! Any tips on how to do this?The sun was just full bore even at 6:00 p.m. I should have waited another 1/2 hour or so.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Well, with the first two - I think the crop would work with a closer crop on the left side. Because the left side just looks off center.. maybe? The chari in the grass is a cute idea. I think I would love it more if her feet weren't cut off and the whole chari was in the picture. But I really like the angle. She is a very cute girl and the lollipop is such a fun idea - I really want to pick up a couple for the kids ;) As far as the sky, I don't know, but I think you can get a cloud brush, you could maybe also put another picture in with a sky you like and erase out the white? Love the colors on the pictures :)

Joanne Fowler said...

Adorable! I need to get a lolli for my DS now. I really like #3. Not sure about the sky except maybe take two pics of the shot, one of the blue sky and one of her and use that blue in the pic? Bryan Peterson says to meter off the blue sky, maybe that would help? I don't know! I have the same problem when the sun is behind the subject. Cute shots though!

Amy said...

Aren't lollipop pictures fun? I did last years Christmas cards w/these, you should have seen what I went through to get the perfect ones! I don't know if I care for that close of crop for some reason? I like the chair idea ~ love the angle.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the opinions & the help! I really appreciate it. I've heard of taking 2 photos and combining them but I have no idea how to do that. I have a few where the sky is sort of blue but don't really like the picture itself.

Forget Me Knot Photography said...

I tried this for you. I used Nik color efex's graduated blue.
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/5931/dsc1941compcopyyx7.jpg

Forget Me Knot Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forget Me Knot Photography said...

It keeps cutting the tail end of my link darnit!
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/5931/dsc1941
compcopyyx7.jpg
Maybe that will work now!

Melissa said...

Jodi that link worked - how did you add the blue?

Forget Me Knot Photography said...

I used a plugin for photoshop called Nik Color Efex. It's pricey though. You can also find a picture with another blue that you like, use the eyedropper to get the color, and then paint it in with a soft brush on a seperate layer so you could lower the opacity until you get it natural looking. HTH!

Melissa said...

Thanks Jodi I'll try the painting in with another photo. I might actually understand what you are talking about LOL!