Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Friday, May 25, 2007

POTD - Pets

I know some weren't posting pet photos because their pets have passed, but I'm going to post about my pet anyway, a tribute to my dog, Jessie, of 12 years. She developed bone cancer on her shoulder blade and within 2 weeks it grew to the size of a football. As much as I loved her, there was no way I was going to let her suffer. The vet said I could bring her home and when she got really bad I could bring her back. He explained to me how painful this was for her and I was not going to be selfish with my decision. I chose to let her go. It was so heartbreaking!

She was an awesome dog, once my DD got old enough, I would let her take Jessie for walks. Looked pretty funny and got a lot of second looks, a little girl (6 at the time) walking a 100 pound Rottweiller. I worked with her for months when I first got her and she was so well trained that I didn't give it a second thought letting DD walk her on the leash by herself.

It's been almost 9 months without her and I still get upset just thinking about her. DD has been asking for another dog and at first I was like no way am I ever going through that again. But now that time has passed I am finding myself longing for another dog. I hesitate because I don't think I'll ever get another dog as great as her and do I really have the time to spend with another puppy to train it? So I'm still on the fence about getting another dog, but if I do here are the choices: for a small dog - French Bulldog, Mini-Schnauzer, Boston Terrier and for a larger dog: German Short-Haired Pointer, Weimariner or another Rott. I'm definitely more of a large dog type but DD wants a little dog we can take everywhere with us and stays in the house.

I'm sure you'll all recognize this photo because it's in my siggy. I didn't get to scan the ones of DD and her so I only have this one. I took this the day before I took her to the vet.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Very sweet photo, and your journaling brought me to tears! It's hard to let go of our furry babies, I know. Thanks for sharing this!

Cindi Koceich said...

What a sweet photo! I'm so sorry you lost her, but I can tell she was well loved while she was here!!

Anna said...

Thanks for sharing! I did a tribute to my girl mocha on my family blog...it really helped process some thoughts...I miss her everyday! Your pic is great! I can see presonality in it!

Jan said...

What a touching story! So much love there...I'm sure when you decide to get dd a dog, you'll love it just as much. Wonderful job today!

Me said...

Beautiful photo and tribute. {{[hugs}}}

Michelle said...

it really is a sweet photo. our pets mean so much to us...part of the family. love your journaling.

Melissa said...

Thanks so much everyone! I did have to take a break from typing this one up. . .makes me pretty sad. It was much tougher than when I lost my male (he was a Rott too), I went out to feed him in the a.m. and he was gone. Much tougher having to make the decision yourself, you know? I lost 2 dogs in a little over a year.

Dar Kaso said...

What a sweet tribute to your beloved Jessie. Sorry you lost her but you gave her wonderful life.