Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, May 17, 2007

POTD - Emotional Attachment

I am so emotionally attached to this little girl! This kid struggles every day in school and never lets it get her down. She has hearing problems, but you wouldn't know it. I worry every time she has a skating competition that she won't hear what the Judge wants her to do; when she takes a spelling test, she won't hear the teacher. . . it's never an issue with her. When she was 4, her and I had went through some life altering changes. One day she wiped my tears and said "it's OK Mom, we'll be fine because we're a team!" That has been one of our sayings since she was able to talk and to this day (even now that our life is great), we still say it. She is such a free spirit, caring, funny and bubbly kid! I thank God everyday for such a great kid!

All of these photos are "her pose ideas".

The sun was just setting and it was brutal. I really struggled with the hot spots and exposure.
Here she is working the "America's Next Top Model" pose LOL!
Same challenge going on here too bad I cut the top of her hand off. Notice the gawd awful plastic rings on her thumbs! She insisted LOL!
This is one of my favorites. . . I would love to know what she was thinking about here.

12 comments:

Heather said...

These are so special. You'l treasure these always and I think you did a fantastice job. Love the poses, she's a natural:)

Mom2Drew said...

#2 is PERFECT in my eyes! I love all the emotion caught.

Your journaling is precious and the whole "we're a team" thing is just great. Those are words that you'll forever have in your heart.

Where did she get those fantastic sunglasses, I NEED a pair;)

jen said...

Awesome shots! Great story too. I love that last one too! Wall quality!

Sara said...

Love the second one, as well as the last. I love shots from behind. I'm loving your journaling as well.

Me said...

She is such a cutie. I love the freckles. My daughter has them, too...although she hates them right now (14). Your daughter really has the posing thing down. You can tell she is a photographer's child.

Dar Kaso said...

How wonderful are these, ditto what Heather said about the 2nd shot. She's a beautiful young lady, how great that the two of you are a team!

Melissa said...

Thanks everyone! She is definitely quite the lil' girl. I was pretty happy with the capture I got in #2, as well. Heather - she thinks she is "Queen" when she has her glasses on (got them at Old Navy by the way, they are actually kids size!)

Tori said...

These are great! The second one is my favorite of the bunch... I love your journaling here, as well.

Amy said...

These are great! I love the first one and the last few ~ the colors are warm and it's so inviting! Her poses are great!

Heather Tracy Photography said...

She just has tons of personality!

Sue said...

What wonderful things to say about your daughter. I love pics 2 and 4 the best. She is beautiful too!

Kathy said...

These are all awesome. And what a cool kid. You write as well as you shoot photos...like what you wrote above on DH, too.