Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Wednesday, May 16, 2007

POTD - 5/17/07

Here are more of Miss "K". I'm looking for more cc for these. I guess I don't understand the whole posting for the web, because these don't look this bad on my computer! I use an action that resizes, etc. for the web but they still look a little funky.This is one of her favorites. I like the color version better.



I did learn one important detail after this shoot -- use a reflector all the time!!! I could have avoided a lot of the dark circles around her eyes if I did use it for the most part. When I did use it, it really made her eyes water because it was so bright. So not sure what I should do to help with that. Any suggestions? I was using a white piece of foam board. I need to get a real reflector but I can't find one that doesn't actually require a stand. I thought I saw like a pop up one? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

11 comments:

Michelle said...

i think the colors look great. and if there were shadows under her eyes you did a good job getting rid of them. my cc is going to be on the hands and arms... (sorry, about the only thing i can actually notice) the backs of her hands face the camera, which is supposed to be a no, no. in the shot of her arm on the stairs and against the wall her arm is "facing" the camera. it looks foreshortened. if you angle the arms across the body the subject looks slimmer and the arms emphasize the waist. don't mean to be picky but you wanted cc! hope this helps. :D

Jan said...

Sorry, I don't have any real cc for you, but I have had my eye on a reflector from B&H. It's a 5 in 1, I think. I think they call it a pop up because it folds into a small pocket. I don't believe it stands on its own. Maybe you can find out more at their site. Good luck!

Heather said...

These are beautiful. I love the bw one. Very striking. Nice conversion. Great job:)

Melissa said...

Thanks Michelle I didn't know that about the hands facing camera no, no. Good tip to know!

Sue said...

I totally love the second one. I can see why it would be a favorite. With the hair behind her ears and the moodiness of the picture, she looks like a model in that one. Gorgeous eyes.

Me said...

I really like the second one as well. Her face in the other shots make her look really mean/mad. That second one shows a real softness in her face. I think you did a really nice job on these.

Mom2Drew said...

I don't use a stand for mine and it's not a pop up. I got one off ebay...a 5-in-one and it's pretty big...can't remember the exact dimensions. It folds up and fits into a smallish case. If you're doing shoulder/head portrait shots...you can get your model to hold it for you.

I like the feel of #4 for these. Her not smiling seems to fit this shot. I am partial to her smile though, lovely gal.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comments. Heather I have been watching those particular reflectors on ebay. I did have her hold the foamboard when I was doing headshots but her eyes were watering like crazy!

Momstime - She had a lot of pictures that she looked like she was mad! Apparently serious look doesn't work for her LOL!

amazing grace said...

i really like the fourth pic. and i didn't see black shadows under her eyes. fun graffiti wall! i want to find one of those.

Amy said...

I think you did a great job, she is beautiful! I love that (graffiti?) wall. I use a reflector at all times and I'm usually alone so I bought a triangle shaped one with a handle (brand name ~ lastolite) from B&H. It has a silver and white side (and honestly I love the silver better). The shape and handle make it much easier to use on my own, since I don't use a stand.

Dar Kaso said...

These are wonderful shots, she' a very pretty girl. Didn't notice any shadows under her eyes.