Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Saturday, June 23, 2007

POTD - Scrapbooking

I made this mini-file album to showcase some photos of DD's first Ice Show. The theme was Candyland and she was a lollipop. Loved their costumes. . .they all were so cute out there on the ice and their song was the obvious - The Good Ship Lollipop. I used all Doodlebug paper and the usual elements. . .ribbon, brads, rub-ons, etc. I'm a big tag freak too. I used tags to tuck in behind the photos for the journaling.

Here she's getting her makeup done.
She felt so special when she got flowers after her performance too. Can you believe it, I actually had someone take our picture together. That doesn't happen very often. Something I really need to start doing more often.

One of the best parts for the little girls is getting the big girls to autograph their program. They look up to them and one day they will be the big dogs giving out their autographs!

These photos aren't great but it was the best my film camera could do in the dark.

This is one of the best things about scrapbooking and the whole purpose. Looking back through them. I can't believe how grown up my DD looks now compared to these photos. This was 3 years ago and she's already had her 3rd show. She'll start in September this year and is no longer a basic skills skater. She's on her own to get her ice time and practice with her pro during private lessons. Going to cost me a mint from now on!

9 comments:

robin said...

Very cute little album, I love all the embellishments. The proud mom one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing. I am a big fan of these type of albums that showcase an event. I'm sure your daughter will cherish this.

Lauren Hartman said...

Love this album, too cute! You're making me almost want to take up scrapbooking again, I haven;t touched my stuff in over a year. Once I got into photography, scraping kinda fell by the wayside.

Rebecca said...

Cute! Love the colors, very fun album :)

Teri said...

These are so cute, great idea.

amazing grace said...

YUMMY fibers and ribbons!!! cute book!

leah

Mom2Drew said...

Incredible!! Seriously, this is wonderful and what a treasure. I know it took time and effort, but it's these sorts of things she'll LOVE for the rest of her life. I love how all the ribbon and foofala sticks out everywhere...another must try idea.

Tera Fraley said...

too cute!! I love all the embellishments you used!! And the Ribbon, thats one of my favorites!

Tera

Michelle said...

love the album! what great colors you used!

Tori said...

Very cute album! You're almost making me want to give this a try... almost! ;)