Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Tuesday, June 19, 2007

POTD - 6/20/07

Like I said the last week of school there are lots of festivities happening. Today was the awards ceremony. This is DD first teacher's award! I didn't tell her so she would be surprised. Unfortunately, DD struggles every year to get through each grade. So this was a great success for her. She has low frequency hearing loss in both ears, which contributes to her problems and she also will be getting tested this summer for dyslexia. I am so proud of her for getting this award! Had to blur the faces on the other kids, but the one non-blurred face is my niece, so I can post her. My niece broke her arm during our Memorial Day picnic. She collided with DD on bikes and flipped over DD and landed on her arm. She's about due to get the brace off.

These have to be some of the worst photos I've taken in quite a while. The lighting wasn't great, people everywhere and for some reason they turned out blue/cold looking. But at least I have a few photos for her scrapbook if I ever get that far. I promise I will have some scrapbook stuff this week!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

i think you did a great job capturing the moment! for the blue, if you have photoshop you can put a red photofilter over the top and adjust the opacity til you like it. hth!

Amy said...

Wow, I can't believe your dd is still in school, ours has been out for 3 weeks already. I think you did great capturing the moment too, glad your dd had such a great teacher, hopefully she'll get a great one next year too.

Unknown said...

aww congrats!!!!!

And what michelle said....though I usually used colorbalance as a layer....but I think they'll un-blue (new word) nicely! :)

Cute shots

Teri said...

Congrats to your dd, love how you blurred out the other kids, lol.

amazing grace said...

congrats to your daughter!!!! i bet she is happy and you are proud!

Melissa said...

Hi Michelle - How do I add a red photofilter? I have photoshop 6.

We don't start school until after Labor Day so we don't get out until 3rd week of June. We had a lot of snow days this year (went over) so we are usually out Thurs. morning but this year it's all week to make up for the State aid.

Bobbi said...

Yay for your daughter! Cute pics of the moment :)

Dana said...

Congratulations to your daughter! How proud she should be of herself! Sometimes the technical stuff doesn't matter, it's the story behind the shot--you know what I mean?

Mom2Drew said...

First off...let me thank you for blurring out the faces and name...shows real consideration and as a parent, I just appreciate the time it took to do that.

I think it's so great to document stuff like this because when they get older, they will get a kick out of it.

You know...you could try to tone down the blue in PS, but honestly...who cares? I really didn't even notice the blue until you mentioned it because the memory and emotion behind the photo shines through that blue, KWIM?

Jan said...

Kudos to your dd!! It must be so difficult to watch her struggle--makes the successes extra special, eh??

I think you did a great job with your captures--and like all the PP's said-it shouldn't be too hard to fix the color. I use a color balance layer a lot when I need to adjust. Even auto adjust might do the trick. Good luck and TFS!!

April Ziegler said...

Congrats to your DD! I think they're really sweet shots as is, but should be easy to fix if it bothers you.

Tori said...

what a great moment to capture!