Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, June 21, 2007

POTD - Scrapbooking

I went to CK Buffalo in June of 2006 and took quite a few classes. Needless to say not one of these projects has been completed. I will finish them eventually but like I stated before I haven't been scrapping at all.

So here's a few of the projects I made. This first one is a canvas accordian album. These photos do not do justice for this album. It all canvas texture and this was the first time I used the catseye chalks and I really liked them a lot. So pretty and love the pinks and browns together too.

This is the album opened up. The top and bottom of the book is canvas and the rest is all patterned paper. Eventually I'll pick out my photos and get it done.
This was one of my favorite classes to take. It's a board book. You glue the paper on the page and then cut it with an exacto around the whole page. Then you sand off the edges. You repeat that step until the pages are covered. Then we used book binder tape for the binder, you could also use that medical tape and paint it.
I was prepared photo wise for this class and had brought my photos to use and got them in the book but no journalling. Another I'll have to get done! I really liked this idea. This book was completely white. I couldn't find these anywhere at the convention. So when I got home I made a trip to the dollar store and bought a bunch of the kids board books. I painted next to the binders on each page with white paint and it was just as good! Made my mom one about the 4 grandchildren and she loved it.

This was my only make n' take I did. It's a tag brag book. Very cute and easy to make. I can't remember the exact technique but I remember we used a flat iron, wax paper to get the rubber stamp inked into that angel hair stuff and it adhered it to the album. Sorry it was more than a year ago and I can't remember the exact technique. I do remember buying the angel hair stuff for my pages to use as snow, etc. it's really pretty stuff.

This was the Junk It Up class I took which was taught by Erin Lincoln. Got my picture taken with her. She's pretty funny. We used all kinds of elements. Adirondack ink on Heidi Swapp ghost shapes, paint, texture paste, ribbon, etc. Very messy class but pretty cool.

9 comments:

Lorrie said...

Gorgeous!! you are very talented!

~JustJulie~ said...

What fun projects and a very nice job you did. I'm going to have to try that board book one. That looks cool.

Michelle said...

those are so cool! i love mini books and yours are great!

jordan.krogman said...

These are wonderful! If I send you some pics, do you want to work your magic on them?! ;) Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

cute stuff yet again! :) FUN FUN FUN

Amy said...

SO want to go to CKU, maybe someday! These are great. I love Cats eye chalk too, I wrote about it yesterday on my blog. Also, your picture of your mm runway tote, I have the same one in purple ~ love it!!! I've been using it when I meet with photography clients lately and have gotten quite a few compliments on it.

Dana said...

I love the idea of painting a dollar store board book...OMG, you are so smart! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful projects. I look forward to copying some of your ideas ;)

amazing grace said...

love playing with board books!!! these are great!!! i like your style. :)

leah

Tori said...

Ok... so the favorite things book is a children's board book that you painted over?! That's really cool... never would have thought to do that! Beautiful stuff, finished or not!