Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Saturday, June 16, 2007

POTD - 6/19/07

Today was Track Day at School. It's the last week and there are a lot of fun things going on. Each class competes against the others and everything is tallied up as a whole to see which class wins. DD's class got third this year and she was seriously disappointed. Sorry, she gets that from me I'm very competitive. They get to play on the playground for a while too while they wait for the ribbon ceremony. Yah, I'm backwards today I have the end of the day first. LOL! I love how this turned out. This is DD's 3rd grade teacher and she was awesome! She was definitely the type of teacher "S" needed. She was a lot of fun, she participated with the kids, she had a structured class, could be sensitive and also crack the whip when needed LOL! I tried the baby blues action on this and I actually like it, do you?
This is the relay race unfortunately the baton was dropped during the hand off but she made up for it because she's pretty fast.

She's got a great arm too, yup takes after her momma!
I was disappointed when I saw that this one was blurry. I seriously fought with the sun all day. It was almost 90 out and the sun was full bore. I tried everything, the f/16 sunny rule didn't work. So I kept trying to wing it. I had blurry photos, overexposed, underexposed. I was trying to keep the SS up for the action but sometimes it was impossible.
I did manage to get her best-friend's photo though without it being blurry.

16 comments:

Sara said...

Fun times!
I like the description of the day and of your dd's teacher. I wish I read this yesterday- I didn't think to get a photo of K. with her teacher, who we adore and was just right for her this year, too.
I enjoyed reading this, and seeing the accompanying pics.

Jen said...

I wish I got pics of my dd with her teacher! What great pics. I love that first one.

Michelle said...

track day was always my fav in school. love what you captured here! and for fighting the sun and ss all day these look great.

Heather Tracy Photography said...

I love the first one!

Teri said...

Nice pics, like the dof on the first one.

Amy said...

These are all great ~ I'm looking forward to capturing these kinds of shots when ds starts school next fall. LOVE the first one, awesome!

amazing grace said...

like the one of your dd running! very fun captures. and fun new banner!

leah

Mom2Drew said...

For it being so warm and bright, you did a remearkable job not getting nasty/harsh shadows;) I like the relay pic the best...brings back a ton of memories I guess. Nice color too!

Jan said...

Great shots and journaling... Really nice captures of a fun day. I've missed the last couple of days and wanted to say your banner is really cute!! Congrats on getting all that figured out...

Cindi Koceich said...

I love that first shot! Way cool! Looks like it was a fun day!!!

Tera Fraley said...

Great action shots!! Such vibrant colors too!

~JustJulie~ said...

These are great shots of the day. I can't believe the number of kids still in school. In Ohio, getting out within the first few days of June was normal. Here in Philly, having my dd go until June 11th seemed long. I can't imaging her still being in school.

Also, I posted on yesterday's blog with some info about your banner!

Me said...

These are terrific! I love the one where your dd is running. Your color is so wonderful for full sun. Great job.

Tori said...

Oh my goodness.... These make me so happy! I taught elem school for 7 years and field day was always my favorite day! I didn't get to participate this year since we moved, so your pictures filled the void for me! These are really great!

Amy Covey said...

FUN sequence of photos! I love the way the rings frame her face in the first photo.

Unknown said...

great shots!!!! what a fun day!!!!