Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Friday, June 22, 2007

POTD - Scrapbooking

I had stated before I taught at our local scrapbook store and I made these layouts for my classes. Some were to show how to use the item we made or like this first one we actually made the layout. Obviously my photography is much to be desired here. Tough taking shots of layouts and getting them to look halfway decent.

This one is using foam board to raise the top cardstock layers to give a shadow box effect. This is a great technique for real lumpy bumpy items like the glass stones you see here. I also used liquid beadz which weren't very popular at our store, but I really liked this embellishment. This is a Heidi Swapp technique, gotta lover her stuff! I'm all about lumpy bumpy and lots of embellishments. I tend to try to start out doing a layout and having a simple clean layout and end up overloaded. I guess that's just my style :)

This was a layout I came up with to push the zippers that we had an overabudance of. I cut all my own chipboard letters and used Basic Grey paper to cover them. Then I used UTEE to give them the gloss, which you can't see in this photo. My 2 scrapping buddies convinced me to put this layout in the CK Buffalo Layout Contest. Which I did and of course like I told them, I wasn't going to win and didn't :( They are always busting my chops calling me Becky. "Oh let's see what Becky's got new this time LOL!" I love Becky Higgins but like I said I try to go clean and fresh and end up more like Heidi Swapp, who I love as well.

This layout was produced for my borders class. Very simple - 3 coordinating papers, some ribbon and a few silk flowers w/brads.

Ooooh, my 2 babies!! I love this layout and the photos! The photos weren't the best, I only had a digital point and shoot and had total demonic dog eyes, but these are the last few I got of the 2 best friends before Jessie had to go to doggie heaven. I made this layout after she was gone and I think I cried the whole time I put it together. Can you imagine? It takes me hours to put a layout together LOL!

Had trouble getting the whole layout in the picture. I was using my 50mm. I put this layout together for my slide mount class. By using slide mounts you can make shaker boxes and that's what we did in the class, made the snowman. Isn't he cute?! This is one of my favorite layouts of DD making a snowman all by herself! She even ran next door (to grandma's house) to get a carrot for the nose because we were all out! Gosh she's 4 in these and she will be 9 soon. Told you I'm way behind! This photo really doesn't do justice here.


Finally done! Probably bored everyone to death with this long drawn out post!

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to comment on my post yesterday, love reading all of them.

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

great lo's. I like lumpy and bumpy lo's too!
I totally understand the story behind the doggie lo. I lost my dogs 4 and 1.5 yrs ago. I still haven't scrapped them since they've been gone. I was up to date pretty much prior to them going to doggie heaven. And, i only had a p&s too, so all of their shots have those big white eyes too. I wish I couldn't gotten a couple without that!!

Heather said...

Man you've got some beautiful Pages! It ALMOST makes me want to scrap:) LOL Almost!!!

Cindi Koceich said...

These are really great! The first one is my favorite! Very cool technique!

Tera Fraley said...

Great layouts!! I love the little snowman shaker, thats too cute! And the beach lo is adorable!!