Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, June 14, 2007

Banner issues. . .

this is my first time making a banner and I really struggled with it. I resized it over and over and it's still huge and stretched. Can you give me a few tips on doing this the correct way!? I am also wondering about the Blog title. It wouldn't let me post without having something in the title, but I put my title on my banner when I made it. So I just put a C on there and changed the color to white. What do you do with that? Now my blog title is "C". How do you keep you title but not have it plain through blogger, not sure if there is a place in customize that you can change the title font and color or I would just do it that way.

The instructions I have say to have the banner sized to 800 x 200 pixels. This one is 600 x 200 I believe and it's still huge. Also wondering how do I get the border all the way around the photo as well.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone I tend to make my questions harder than they really are! Hope someone can help. Also want to thank everyone for all your comments for the last few months, this is so much fun!

8 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, how I FEEL your pain! i battled with this forever...and alas, can't tell you what I finally ended up doing. I know mine are sized to 700 and then, I let the puter pick the default for the width. There is a length thread on 2peas explaining it, but...I got lost. All I can tell you is not to give up and keep trying, even when you want to throw your computer at the wall. I used photobucket to upload to and that seemed to work better than any other service, not sure why?

bprincephoto said...

I'll be looking forward to replies for this. No help here but I've been wanting to tackle one myself.

Teri said...

Have you tried making it 800 x 150? that is what I have always made my banner so it has the border around the whole thing, good luck and it is a cute banner.

Melissa said...

Heather - OMG I'm getting so annoyed with it!!!! I did find the thread and am still lost. I found directions on a blog and I don't seem to have crop with the marquee tool. So I tried winging it.

Teri - I tried 800 wide but that was even bigger than what I have now. For this try I used 600 wide. If I use 150 for height I can't seem to get her to fit on the canvas that I made. I can't figure out how everyone is using 800 x 150 and not stretching their photos or having them come out monstrous on the blog?

Michelle said...

i size mine at 700 x 300. i then open the pic i want to use and size the height at 300 and let the width do it's own thing. then just drop and drag. you will have leftover space...you can either put a color or another pic. i have also set a crop box to the size and cropped a photo. as for the name...i just changed mine to a ".". it still shows up on some banners but oh well! HTH!

Heidi said...

Hey! I had problems with that on my blog too. I can't post the link but go to Google and type in 'testing blogger header', click on the very first link it gives you. The blog title will be 'testing blogger beta (now new blogger)' This blog really really helped me out and it tells you how to get rid of the background box behind your title!

~JustJulie~ said...

I'm sending you a peamail with some instructions for helping with your banner!

~JustJulie~ said...

Also wanted to add that the size you created your banner in is just fine.