Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Monday, July 30, 2007

POTD - Hot

I would say this first one keeps me on theme. This is my DSD and her boyfriend. This is the second time they've "modeled" for me so I can practice. They love to do it, he more than her believe it or not LOL! I just started my class with Wendy Schultz and I'm practicing some of my assignment. I haven't gotten through even half of these but I decided to throw a few on here for any cc you can give me.I think I like the b&w better here?
I took some of these like this and then I stepped back quite a bit and got full shots but I haven't gotten to those yet. I was using my 85mm so I had to step back quite a bit. Would you crop this? I mean is it pointless to have half of the legs on here? I'm still trying to figure out composition as well. Oh, many things I need to learn!
I'm sure I did not do this correctly because his eyes are dark.
This is a warm tone action. Do you like or no?
I was tagged by JoAnn and I plan on doing it but I need a few days. I am getting a little overwhelmed now. Cheerleading has begun and I'm stuck at practice 3 nights a week for 2 hours. I really want to put a lot of time into this awesome class, not to mention I'm on board with a few challenges I need to complete so I'm hoping to still post periodically for POTD and deal with everyday life :)
Oh and for anyone that asked or wanted to know the SplashFX Water tag was like $15.00 for the set at Toys R' Us. Yes, my DD and nieces have an awesome Aunt don't they!!!! I think I might run and get a set for when DD has a friend over.

10 comments:

It's These Little Moments said...

Love the black and white one!

Jaime said...

I'd have to say that fits the theme quite well! I think I'd like the color one with more pop!

cherie said...

I like it both ways. What a cute couple and a beautiful daqughter you have!

Amy said...

These are just great Melissa! I like both the b&W and color in the first one ~ cool picture! About cropping the second one ~ personally I'd leave it, if you crop too much then you'll be risking chopping off some fingers. I really like the blues in the last one (his eyes look beautiful). Thanks for sharing these.

amazing grace said...

like the warm tone action alot!

okay, jealous that you are taking wendy's class......so want to get in that but the wait list is FOREVER!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

great shots!

leah

Heather said...

I think these are great. I especially like that first one in the bw!Very nice!

bprincephoto said...

Great shots. I really like all of these. How fun to have such a fun couple willing to pose for you. What class are you taking again?

Jan said...

I think I like the bw's on these... cool shots! I can't wait to see more! And, looking forward to hearing about your class. I'm soooo jealous!

Tori said...

These are nice, and definitely on theme! :)

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots, I love the first one!! I bet they love that one too. What a fun couple!