Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, July 5, 2007

POTD - Hands . . . stretching it :)

You need your hands to play softball right? DH had a 2 day tournament this past weekend, so I figured I would practice action shots. I took a lot of photos and I was pretty happy with what I got. I apologize for the overload and I know some don't like to look at softball photos all the time but this is what we do all summer. While shooting some of the games, I was approached by one of the best teams in the State about shooting their team. They want to get a team photo after a tournament (w/their trophy - they always win). Does anyone have any links or ideas for a team photo? I know there is the usual line up in back and have the front row kneeling but I was hoping to come up with something a little more creative and not so "traditional".

I wish I would have shot this one horizontally so I would have gotten the whole bat and ball in the photo.

14 comments:

amazing grace said...

like that first shot with him airborne!!! great capture!

no ideas here....sorry....

leah

Michelle said...

i think these are great! you got some wonderful action. love the dust flying too.

Heather Tracy Photography said...

I love that first one!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, GREAT actions shots!! It's fun to see adult baseball shots (though kids ones are always nice too). :)

Amy said...

You are just so great at capturing the action ~ the dust flying, the facial expressions etc. I always want to play softball again when I see some of your pictures:)

Depending on how your bleachers are (we had some cool concrete ones) you could do something on those (you'd need a step stool for yourself). I've never done sports photography ~ hopefully someone can help out here.

bprincephoto said...

I love looking at your ball pics. Your timing is fantastic. Great shots.

Ashley Hiskes said...

That first shot is amazing!

Amy Covey said...

These are all great...especially the first one! You captured some great action!

Sue said...

Fantastic action shots. Awesome about the team photoshoot - sorry I have no ideas :( The only other thing I've seen other than the typical kneeling is maybe one with them all throwing their hats or all jumping in celebration ;)

Sue said...

Oh.... and maybe one with them all dumping the cooler on the coach ;)

Melissa said...

Thanks Sue & Amy for your help. I really like the hat throwing idea!

Melissa said...

I want to thank everyone else for comments. Totally appreciate it! Please if you have any cc I'm all ears!

Jan said...

Nice shots... I love the first and last ones best. Nice action!! I wish I had some creative team poses for ya--good luck with that. What an awesome opportunity!

Kathy said...

Awesome action shots.