Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Tuesday, July 17, 2007

POTD - Favorite Jewelry

Of course this is my favorite jewelry! I tried this 2 days in a row and got better results the second day. Man this was tough. I'm not use to using my macro lens and I had to break out my monopod. I still think they are blurry but it was the best out of the 2 days. DH picked out my engagement ring all by himself, without any clues from me about what I would want. I was not expecting a proposal at all! I think he did very well, I LOVE my diamonds!

These are wild flowers out in the side of our yard. The first day I took these I had no issues. Today, well . . . my wedding band fell out of the flower and down into the bushes. My first thought was DH is going to KILL me! My second thought was there is no way in hell I'm going to find this ring. Well within a few minutes, I found it and it had fallen completely through all the shrubs and greenery and was in the dirt. I came out of the bushes soaked in sweat LOL! That was a close one! A little overkill here. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to shooting flowers.


I also took these shots 2 days in a row and got a halfway decent focused bee. Man they are busy little buggers. Kudos to Lauren (Michy) because she rocks at this stuff!


Any CC you want to give, please feel free!

11 comments:

Erika said...

#1 is my favorite, and I can't tell you why, it just is! Great color and great way to showcase your jewelry!

Lorrie said...

Melissa, great job on the jewelry shots! I love the colors of the flower... absolutely gorgeous backdrop for an absolutely beautiful ring!!

Trisha said...

Your rings are BEAUTIFUL!! And the flower is too! I'm glad you found the ring BTW haha

Angelica said...

I just love how you placed your rings in a flower!! Your color is amazing!! Very cool!!

Ruth Ann said...

Very creative! I love how you placed the jewelry on the flower!

Kathy said...

That is so beautiful. Very creative shot.

Heather Tracy Photography said...

I really like this... jewlery obviously doesnt belong in a flower so I am really into it :)

Amy said...

Too bad jewelry doesn't belong (as in grow) in a flower ~ lol! Glad you found your ring, now someone should have been taking your pic as you were searching for it! Great pictures, beautiful rings and flower.

amazing grace said...

gorgeous ring!!!!! i love the setting.

i like #1 and #4....great shots!!!

leah

April Ziegler said...

So pretty! Rings shots are hard. And your story made me laugh, but only b/c you found the ring... otherwise, not so funny! =)

Michelle said...

love the color you added! great shots