Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Monday, July 16, 2007

POTD - Favorite Jewelry

I love this theme because I have lots of "favorite jewelry". When DH and I first got together every holiday, birthday, just because I love you days, I got jewelry. He did well up until this story. He ran out of ideas and the guy at the jewelry store recommended an opal. . .now opal is not my thing at all. It's not even my birthstone. The only gemstone I like is emerald and that's only because it's green. I did not have the heart to tell him so I wore it anyway. It wasn't a matter of a week and the opal fell out. I had a feeling it might because of the setting and I had a problem with an emerald falling out of another ring from the same store. So I took it back to the jewelers and told them I did not want it fixed, I would just get something else.

This is what I got and I love it!!! I cannot for the life of me tell you the type of ring it is right now. These photos don't do justice for it at all. It's very sparkly and I get so many compliments on it. It's diamond cut all over and has lots of little diamond chips in it. The funny thing about the whole story is my DH hates it LOL! He didn't mind at all that I traded the opal for something else but he could not believe this is what I picked LOL!

I used an invitation I had sitting on my counter just because I loved the green ribbon and tried to make it a little nicer photo.

14 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I love this ring!!!
I've never seen another like it. Love the story- my DH asks me what kind of jewlery. I tell him. A week later, he'll ask more details. I tell him. Three days before (when it has to be ordered to be here on time), he asks me to pick from the several he's narrowed down to. He doesn't trust his intsincts at all!

~~Debb~~ said...

I would have picked this ring too! It's lovely. I bet it does look gorgeous IRL!

jordan.krogman said...

Gee, wish my DH bought me jewelry! :P The last thing he got me was my wedding ring. . . I'm gonna have to show him this post. He'll thank you, I'm sure! lol :) It really is beautiful!

Amy said...

That ring is flippin' sweet Melissa! Awesome that you dh gets you jewelry, my dh tries but I'm not a jewelry person so I never appreciate it like I should. I love how you shot it on the invitation ~ great shots!

April Ziegler said...

Beatiful shot! Love the dof that you used. And I LOVE that ring. Yay for getting something that you like. My DH usually digs for direction when buying me jewelry b/c he's always so worried that I won't like it. =)

Michelle said...

what a beautiful ring! i can see why you picked it out. so striking. love your DOF in these.

Mom2Drew said...

Love that ring and the estate quality to it. I love anything old looking, especially when it comes to jewelry!

Tera Fraley said...

I think its pretty!! Better to get something you really like, than wont wear at all. Your photos came out great, jewelry is tough!

Jan said...

Oh yeah. This is a great ring! I also love how you shot it... great idea ad story to go with it! Tee-hee about you exchanging for something he hated... ROFL!

Lorrie said...

very pretty and i like the way you used the invite as a prop. nice job.

bprincephoto said...

Wonderful ring!! Such a cute story too. Nice DOF

robin said...

Love this ring. I think it's hard to photograph jewelry and do it justice, especially the sparkle! I like the idea of using the invitation with the ring in the photo. Great story.

Tori said...

Love it! What a beautiful ring. I love the green of the invitation you shot it on.

Amy said...

I can't belive he hated it Melissa... I think its stunning... I just wish my man would get me some bling!!! Until then, I will just imagine a nice piece like that!!