Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Sunday, July 15, 2007

POTD - 7/16/07

Hopefully I'll be on theme tomorrow. I definitely have a lot of favorite jewelry but haven't had a chance to shoot any of it.

On our way to my nephew's graduation party, down a back country road we came upon all these geese in the road. I slowed to a stop and grabbed my camera. They started walking back to the river, but not before I got a few shots off. I always have issues with composition but especially when I'm shooting a full scene/landscape. I'm looking for cc here with composition and if you see anything else, let me know. Thanks!
I never know when angles work or not or if I do too much of an angle. What do you think?
I tried one with a little less of an angle here.

12 comments:

April Ziegler said...

hmmm, I'm so bad at CC. I think it's hard to get all the geese in & try to come up w/ a good shot... I'm a big fan of angles. The 3rd might be a little too much. I really like the last shot! Def my fav.

Michelle said...

i love that first one. the color is good. the composition seems balanced...the only thing that bothers me is the pier. don't know what you could do short of cloning it out though.

Kathy said...

Perhaps focusing on a few of them versus the entire flock might have given you a tighter crop.
They are cool, though, and the shots are fun~!

Sara said...

I like the first and last especially. I like the dock in the background though- it makes the pond look more interesting to me.
The third has too much tilt in my opinion.
I like the action of the geese in the second one, but I really liked the first better.

Tori said...

Nice shots! Th first tilted one is just too much, in my opinion.... it makes me think that the geese are gonna fall off the picture. I like the second tilted version better.

Amy said...

I agree, the second tilted one is much better! For cc I would say just remember your rule of thirds when shooting "landscape types" try not to put you subject into the middle. I think the comp. on the tilted shot would have been better horizontal, I find myself wanting to see what else is to the sides (the road etc.) Isn't that fun to have to stop to shoot something along side the road ~ my kids are sure used to it!

Jan said...

I might like a tighter crop---I really go for that these days, so I don't know if it's just my "phase" talking or what... And, imo, the third one has way too much tilt. The fourth is better. Love that you're just stopping on the side of the road. Isn't that fun???

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots!! I like the colors, and the composition here. I enjoy the angles.

Dar Kaso said...

Really the first two, great color the green really pops. Love Canadian geese they are such great birds. Not a big fan of the angles here, sorry, the geese look like they are sliding off the edge of the world.

Mom2Drew said...

I like the less is more angle of that second angle shot. The geese don't look they are falling out of the frame. What beautiful landscape and colors to these shots.

Melissa said...

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I too love the green colors I got here, but kind of figured the one angle was way too much. Looking forward to some more country drives and see what I can find!

Ruth Ann said...

I love how you angled the photos! Great job!