Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Saturday, April 14, 2007

POTD - Sunrise, Sunset

After a long dreary day, I happened to notice the sun shining like crazy around 7:00 p.m. So I grabbed my camera and ran outside. I kept getting a huge white line down the middle of the photo where the sun is. Why couldn't I get a nice round sun? Anyway I decided to try the shadow photos that I've seen before. I posted a couple sunsets below but that was after the sun had come down some more. You'll notice the white line I was talking about this was the best one I got. While I was up on the RR tracks, I took a picture and 3 ducks come flying up out of the bushes/creek. Scared the crap out of me. After I quickly got my camera back in my hands (LOL!) I was able to get a shot off!








6 comments:

Sara said...

Cool shot of the mallard in flight. I think the white line you are seeing is lens flare. It is almost impossible to take a pic directly of the sun without getting some flare. Keep in mind, it's also not great for your eyes or your mirror to spend a whole lot of time looking directly into the sun :)

Trisha said...

Great pictures! My picture today was also a shadow! And about the "white line" sun pictures? This happens to me too! I can't for the life of me get a big round sun pic...I guess I need a filter?

Cindi Koceich said...

I get that exact same lens flare too!! I love your shadow shot...perfect for the theme!

Dar Kaso said...

I got the same flare too when I tried it. Maybe a polarizer? Fun shot of your shadow.

Lorrie said...

I like the bird shot, very cool. I like the idea of the shadows, really cool for the weekly theme!

Dorothy said...

Love the in-flight shot and the shadow!

Another sun shot... I'm so jealous!! I can't wait for something other than gray sky!