Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Monday, August 6, 2007

POTD - Fill the Frame

My mom had gotten this dress for "S" about 6 months ago at a consignment shop for her to play dress up in. She's really not into that anymore so I threw it in a bag to give away. After all the talk on 2peas about consignment shops and Trash the Dress sessions, I dug it back out. It was pretty tight around the top on her but she was willing to try a lil' girls trash the dress session. I figured this was a good opportunity for me to practice metering for white. Ha, ha as you can see I need a lot more practice! I just cannot find the happy medium. I spot meter off the dress and everything else is dark. I meter off my hand the dress is blown out. I tried the f16 sunny rule in the total sun and that didn't work either. Any suggestions for me?

I have also tried to work on fixing my color without using actions! So please cc me on that too!!
I know this one is really funky. I couldn't get it right. She was in complete shade and I had WB on shade and it ended up really warm. Oops I lied here! I fixed the color myself and then I ran a Warm Tone action on this one.
Man this photo scares me LOL! She's almost 9 and acts like she's going on 21! Too much Next Top Model watching going on here.
She got totally disgusted here because someone from the parking garage whistled at her. Her comment, Oh my gosh that's disgusting to whistle at an 8 year old. LOL! So we moved on and went to City Hall and the Water Fountain. Oh and I love her little painted toes showing from the bottom of the dress here!
I have a ton more of these but haven't really had time to look through them. I think we might have to redo the fountain shots. The sun was really high and I got a lot of dark shadows on her face. I need to make a new rule or tie that darn reflector around my waist so I always have it with me!!

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Love the one of her on the stairs!! it's a bit compressed though.. would love to see the full image!

Mom2Drew said...

I love #5 the most. Her expression matches that trash the dress style;) White Balance is something tricky for me too. I have started using a gray card instead of trusting the camera, no matter how great it is.

Michelle said...

that one on the stairs is great! i would definitely recommend a gray card for the white balance. oh and you dd is a doll!

Sue said...

I'm in love with the 5th picture. Beautiful! I have no tips on the metering - I'm clueless - I just took a bunch of pictures with white shirts and crossed my fingers... LOL I definitely need to get a grey card. I think you did a great job :)

cherie said...

great shots . my favorites are the ones on the stairs.

Anonymous said...

I'm in agreement with everyone else. I love #5 and the other one on the stairs. No CC from me. My head is swimming after reading our second assignment. Eek!

Tori said...

I'm with everyone else tonight!.... love the ones on the stairs!

April Ziegler said...

I don't have any tips on metering... I haven't gotten it down myself. But I LOVE #5. What a gorgeous shot!

amazing grace said...

HOw FUN!!!! I ADORE the one of her on the stairs!!! the one of her sitting and standing...those are my favorites....

that dress is beautiful and so is she...:)

leah

Patti said...

Looks like fun - I like the one on the stairs best too

Tera Fraley said...

Great shoot! I love the one of her on the stairs, great location!!