Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! Here you will find sneak peeks from my sessions, which are a big part of what my blog is all about. You will also find any new products I have to offer, information, fun facts, clothing ideas and so on. Don't forget to leave comments too! You can also get ideas for your session from here as well.

If you have any questions about anything, please be sure to use the "contact me" button and let me know!


Thursday, September 13, 2007

POTD - SOOC

Per a few suggestions, I've edited my post and added Urban Acid action on all three.
This is a practice with my focus & exposure. I saw where a lady did her daughter's senior photos and one was her looking up through stairs so I wanted to see if I could do it. She moved a few times and covered one of her eyes with the slat but I got a few that were decent. These are SOOC except I resized for the web. I think I should have stood up a step so she was further away. What do you think? Any CC is greatly appreciated! Urban Acid action

Urban Acid action

Urban Acid action

11 comments:

Trisha said...

I really like these, but the 2nd is my favorite! I'm not sure about stepping away one step...I'd have to see it to decide LoL-

Kathy King Photographer said...

This type of shot is so difficult to do. Bravo! My kids play soccer and I have tried and tried to get an action shot of the keeper from behind the net. Failed every time but once. Good work!

Mom2Drew said...

Yes, like the perspective and play with DOF on this. It's fun to try something new and on this, it works! I think this would look ultra "cool" with an urban feel to it too, especially with that grate in the shot.

Sara said...

I'd like to see it a step away too.

Looks like your exposure and certainly your focus are right on. Yeah!

Tera Fraley said...

I really like these!! too cute! I thnk they look great, good focus!

Deb said...

Focus looks fantastic. I would also have to see the stepping away shot. I would also love to see these processed with an urban feel or in Lightroom there is a 300v preset that I'll bet would work well with these.

Melissa said...

Kind of funny a few of you mentioned urban acid because this morning I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to give it a try and I'll post again.

Deb said...

I like it with the urban. What do you think of the 300v?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/djmom70/1309web.jpg

ok. I can't get it to show up, but maybe if you copy and paste into a new window it will work. If not, drop me a message and I'll email it to you.

Deb said...

I got an image of it to show up in the 2 peas post. I just did the 300v preset in Lightroom and then backed it off a bit because it was too dark.

. said...

I love the Urban Acid edits! I JUST posted my POTD for tomorrow before opening this and I also used Urban Acid. It's definitely a fun action!

Mom2Drew said...

I LIKE the urban feel very much!!!